Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Take Book 2)

Many of you read my first review of UnEnchanted by Chandra Hann.
But many of you don't know why I stopped reading her series... You see, I did stop reading this series as I was also reading the series by Quinn Loftis at that same time. The series were both very very good and I can honestly devour their books so fast that I fear I won't be able to write as fast as I read. So I made a choice to finish one series before I started another one. I only felt that it would be fair to annoy other authors for me to fully be able to concentrate on their books. So I reread UnEnchanted and had to read the second book in this wonderful series.

Anyway. Onto the review.

The synopsis reads:

Mirror, Mirror on the wall,
Who is the Fairest of them all?

In the sequel to UnEnchanted, Mina Grime discovers that all is not fair when it comes to the Fae and their tales, especially when they don't all play by the rules. Barely surviving the Story's first fairy tale quest, Mina still has hundreds to go before she can end the curse on her family. But a new player arises to challenge Mina while new rules revamp the game she has just barely begun to understand. 

All the while, people are mysteriously disappearing, including Jared, whom Mine must finally determine to be friend or foe. And with the loss of her greatest weapon, Mina must try to outwit a deadly hunter. Can Mina survive the most difficult quest yet while protecting those she loves from falling victim to one of the lethal tales of all? Or will she become a pawn when she strikes a bargain with the Queen of Fae?

So for my review: It been a while and I am a little rusty...  

Chandra Hann, 
If you are reading this, please know that I love your writing. I hope I do your book justice with this review.
Jonniedee.

Fairest starts off in the typical, average way... a girl gets her feelings hurt cause the guy that she wants...and did once have doesn't want her anymore, Mostly cause he can't remember her. But there is that best friend who is not willing to give up...and So enters Nan. ( I think we all need to have a Nan in our lives. There is not a better best friend.) The story basically proceeds from there and there is a lot of drama...mainly caused cause Mina's feels are hurt and she hasn't matured enough to figure out that it will all be okay. 

IF You haven't read the book stop here... and go read it. 
_________________________________________________________________

So to be completely honest... I walked right into this book thinking that I knew what was going to happen...I figured that it would be her that went to sleep in the glass coffin and that Brody would have to wake her up... and man!!! was I totally wrong. I would have never guessed this ending...I was having trouble even trying to figure out what happened to her and Jared. I mean sleeping in the forest together... and then him running off??? where did he go??? why did he leave her? 

No comments:

Post a Comment