Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Sword of Truth Series By Terry Goodkind

The first book in the series of the Sword of Truth is "Wizard's First Rule".

This story starts out with a man named Richard Cypher and a Woman Named Kahlan Amnell. They meet in a particular way as she is being chased by four men. The first scene upon which they meet sets the tone for the rest of the book. The other main Character in this story is the Wizard named Zed or Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander. This story has many twist and turns but the one thing that stays constant for the entire story is the relationships and the trust that each person in this story must place in Richard Cypher. 

The deep desire to destroy the Evil Darken Rahl is what seems to be the glue to this group of travelers at least until actual friendship starts to bloom.'

I would have to give this book 4 out of 5 stars. Its very well written and captured my interest from the very first page.I liked all the twist and turns with the plot and the multiple fights and scraps that the characters got themselves into and out of. But i didn't enjoy the continual rape that happened in the book. and scraps that the characters got themselves into and out of. 

It seemed as though every time a female was present she was either trying to seduce and then rape richard Cypher or it was Richard Cypher who was trying to protect someone from getting raped. At one point there is a character that even rapes little boys. (THAT IS JUST SICK!) I am pretty sure that he is killed at the end of the book, If that is not accurate then I am sorry. I love books with a plot twist and I would have to say that the twist in this book are wonderful. I have to say that a secret lies within this story and that I could have never predicted the outcome of the truth. I am not giving away the story before you get a chance to read it, But that secret is worth the read, that I can promise you.

 In all the book is over 800 pages and took me over 13 hours to read (I had a very long train ride.) I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a fantasy novel about the nature of people and would like to really dive into a story that is going to continue.

 Check out his other books below. This is such a great deal. You get all three of the first books!


No comments:

Post a Comment