Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Time of the Eagle by Sherryl Jordan

 
In this story of the triumph of good over evil, You meet Avala a sixteen year old Shiani girl who has just become a woman in her tribe. Her mother is the Healer in her tribe and all Avala wants is to follow in her footsteps but fate and destiny have a different path for her.  On the night that she is pronounced a woman her entire life goes from being soft, warm, and surrounded by love to being a battle ground on which she will fight, even if that means her death. Standing for what she believes in is the easy part for Avala but choosing to walk the path that may lead to her death is hard. This path leads her to unexpected places and gives her even more trials.

This story gets 3 out of 4 Cups Of Joe, as the writing was good but there were some parts where it felt as thought the author was just speeding the reader along, and a few other where I really wasn't sure what was going on, I felt like I needed a dictionary. Written at the Young adult level, this book definitely makes up for those two things with the characterization, I really do feel as though if I look inside myself I would find a young girl just like Avala! :-)

 There is not a link to buy this book but I am sure that you can get it at your local library!

No comments:

Post a Comment